Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Fourth of July Sweets

The smell of Hawaiian Tropics, BBQ, grilled corn and salty margaritas is a personal indication that Fourth of July is around the corner. So, I decided to share with you last year's simple but sweet dessert table that I put together for my kids, family and friends. Enjoy. 

 These patriotic skewers were a huge hit with the kids. Bamboo skewers were purchased at the Dollar store, marshmallows at local Target, strawberries and blueberries at Sprouts. This inexpensive and yummy project was simple to assemble. 
I decided to bake my  Busy Momma Cheesecake and embellish it with blueberries and strawberries for the whole patriotic effect. 
I looked through my books/old college textbooks for "American-like" books to use for decor and stand for my cake. I made a white cake with strawberry filling and a cream cheese frosting. I followed Bird On A Cake tutorial for my frosting. 

Please excuse the blurry picture. The cherry pie was store bought and the homemade American cookies were baked and decorated by my little bakers: Isabella and Olivia. 

The red table-cloth backdrop, banner and the felt red, white and blue stars were purchased at the dollar store. $3 dollars to provide this decorative  look...

Margaritas in Mason Jars?? YES, please! 

Have a Happy AND Safe Fourth of July!!